You have the choice to join the OPSEU Pension Plan if you are an unclassified, contract or other non-permanent employee in the Ontario Public Service, affiliated agencies, boards or commissions.
Did you know:
- If OPSEU is your union, you can join the OPSEU Pension Plan?*
- When you join the Plan, your employer matches your contributions?*
- Unlike mutual funds and other RRSP vehicles, the value of an OPTrust pension is unaffected by market down turns? The Fund bears all investment losses, not you.
- If you change jobs you can arrange a transfer of your pension and bring it along with you?
- Once an OPTrust pension becomes payable, you get paid for life?
- As the cost of living increases, your pension is automatically adjusted to keep up with inflation?
Did you receive your letter/e-mail from OPTrust letting you know you can join the pension plan? If not please contact OPTrust. You can also have OPTrust come to your workplace to conduct an information session. Contact us to schedule a session in your area.
* Your employer must be a contributor to the OPSEU Pension Plan
|Annual Salary||Per Year||Per Pay|