OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Associate Portfolio Manager, Multi Strategy Investing
Capital Markets Group
Operating in a dynamic environment amongst a small group of highly skilled pension investment professionals, the successful candidate will work in the Capital Markets Group and play a key role in supporting the investing activities of the Fund.
- Research, develop and implement investment strategies to capture alternative risk premia
- Assist with the execution and management of global portfolios of derivative and cash securities across equity, foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities
- Support and contribute to total fund projects and initiatives
- Develop and implement tools and processes to support trading and risk management functions
- Collaborate with portfolio construction, risk, middle office and other groups across the total fund
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to aid in our investment process
- A degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering or physical sciences; a graduate degree and/or a CFA designation would be considered an asset
- At least 3 years of trading and investing experience, preferably in a risk-taking role at a buyside institution or fund
- Very strong quantitative analysis skills with experience in alternative risk premia strategies, including strategy design, testing and implementation
- Extensive programming abilities including Matlab, Python, SQL and VBA. Direct experience with machine learning models and algorithms is an asset.
- Understanding of derivatives and financial products, with respect to pricing, risk and portfolio construction
- Collaborative and team-oriented
Please submit your application via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.