OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust Select, a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members and retirees.
Contract: 19 months
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing senior technical expertise by giving instruction and guidance to team members, assist managers in assigning and reviewing team members’ work, analyzing and resolving challenging pension issues. This position also implements and administers staff training on pension administration systems and procedures, and deliver presentations for wide variety of external audiences.
- Act as a senior technical resource on matters such as pension legislation and the handling of complex cases.
- Develop administrative policy changes, practices and procedures by conducting research and analyses of relevant legislation.
- Participate in the development of business requirements and the review of technical specifications that occur as a part of systems development; contribute to prototype reviews.
- Prepare training plans for the department and deliver training and coaching to all staff on a variety of pension related matters.
- Actively participate in the pension information sessions program by delivering presentations: evenings, lunchtime or as requested by employers; some travel is required.
- Prepare statistical analyses of case work and other product/project related activities and take corrective action as necessary.
- Make recommendations for efficiency change where process gaps are identified.
- Develop, support and lead initiatives and projects to assist the team in achieving objectives, benchmarks and goals.
- Advanced knowledge of pension plan administration and or related legislation/Plan provisions including the OPSEU Pension Plan text, the Pension Benefits Act, the Family Law Act and federal statutes such as CPP, EI and the Income Tax Act, to develop appropriate procedures and provide analysis and advice on complex cases.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- 3-5 years related work experience in a leadership capacity.
- Enrollment in or completion of PPAC or CEBS certification.
- Knowledge of mathematical methods and principles to assess non-standard cases.
- Research and analytical skills to conduct comprehensive reviews of relevant data and documents in complex and unusual cases and provide related recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills to deal with changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven oral communication skills to deliver presentations, explain policy/procedures changes, provide technical direction to team members and provide detailed information to plan members and other stakeholders as required.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare comprehensive reports for management and plan members.
- A demonstrated high degree of self-motivation and initiative combined with strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop collaborative relationships across work groups.
Please submit your application by April 3, 2020 via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.