OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan (including OPTrust Select), a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members. OPTrust was established to give plan members and the Government of Ontario an equal voice in the administration of the Plan and the investment of its assets through joint trusteeship. OPTrust is governed by a 10-member Board of Trustees, five of whom are appointed by OPSEU and five by the Government of Ontario.
Business Support Services
12 Months Contract
Posting Date: October 6, 2020
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing activities related to business process re-engineering and gathering new business requirements, as well as executing user acceptance testing and training. The analyst will also provide project leadership for projects more routine in nature and provide business and technical application support.
- Conduct research to determine best practices for work processes and make recommendations to the user group as to how the processes can be improved.
- Organize and lead work process review, and redesign meetings to arrive at decisions.
- Conducting research for the development and defining of product specifications.
- Identify deficiencies in the specifications and in existing products that could affect the functionality of the product and introduce potential issues into the work processes.
- Document deficiencies and provide recommendations to address them for review and approval of Management.
- Execute all user acceptance testing activities; conduct analysis of issues identified in testing, documenting any system problems and discuss such problems with appropriate parties to advise of issues, recommend corrective measures and follow through.
- Develop and conduct user training sessions and coordinate training activities with the users along with communication to the managers.
- Provide project leadership from concept to implementation for more routine projects by carrying out project control activities, developing plans and schedules, and ensuring the project is executed in accordance with the OPTrust project management methodology.
- Assess and accurately define and address issues and risks; employ effective strategies to proactively mitigate risks and facilitate resolution of problems and issues.
- Provide application support by analyzing production issues, identifying solutions, communicating issues to the developer, and preparing work-arounds as required.
- Conduct Data Analysis
- Analyze and Document Business Processes
- Document and conduct functional testing
- Hands on with Automated Testing tools and approaches
- Regression / Data driven Testing
- Testing framework development
- Knowledge of TestComplete is a must
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Business re-engineering experience and completion of a business re-engineering program or course is an asset.
- Proven experience preparing process maps and workflows.
- Strong judgement, analytical and project leadership skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, conceptualize and think creatively.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven track record as an effective team player and contributor, and participation in consultative processes.
- Proven ability to prepare effective training materials, lead training sessions and one-on-one support.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is desirable.
- Pension Administration System Understanding is an asset
Please submit your application file, including a CV and cover letter, by October 20, 2020, via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.