OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Communications and Public Affairs
18 Months Contract
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing communication plans and strategies to fulfill both internal and external communication requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement communications plans, strategies, projects, programs and initiatives in support of OPTrust’s programs and policies.
- Provide communication support by writing and editing communication material in both traditional, social and digital media for internal and external audiences.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of internal communication, including event management.
- Support the writing and execution of external communications and brand-building awareness initiatives.
- Help ensure accuracy and consistency of all communications material by reviewing and consulting with appropriate staff.
- Plan, research, write, edit and manage production of communications products such as speeches, news releases, newsletters, articles, booklets, brochures, web content, broadcast e-mail, fact sheets, reports, briefs, submissions, issue sheets, internal/external Q&As and pamphlets.
- Ensure use of plain, understandable language as appropriate to the audience.
- Ensure all communications are consistent with OPTrust's mandate, priorities and communications objectives.
- Ensure the consistent application of OPTrust’s brand standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in journalism, marketing, writing or a communications-related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and skills in specialized areas such as writing and editing, project management, production coordination and event development.
- Analytical skills and creativity to develop innovative, effective methods of disseminating information on OPTrust's policies and programs.
- Oral communication, consultation and presentation skills to provide advice on communications strategies and messages and on priority communications projects.
- Excellent written communication skills to write and edit a range of communication products.
- Strong organizational skills to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Experience in a pension-related field is an asset.
Please submit your application by February 26, 2020 via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.