OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of members’ information in the pension administration database by providing data management and correction services. The role includes managing expected data, reconciling and correcting received data, consulting with employers on data requirements and providing support services on special projects. The candidate will deliver a remarkable service experience across key external interactions with various employers.
- Interface processing, data reconciliation and effective communication with pension plan employers.
- Handle the entire cycle of interface processing to ensure that member data received from employers is properly processed.
- Develop and own close contacts and relationships with employer representatives to manage data interface processing, data reconciliation and general OPTrust communications efforts with employers.
- Participate in special projects aimed at improving the link between OPTrust and its employers or improving services to members and pensioners.
- Manage expected data, reconcile and purify received data through data control procedures.
- Special project support may include historical analysis and data correction. Examples include: historical data cleanup project(s), Annual Pension Statement, actuarial extract, long term Illness.
- Provide administration type support for the control of special projects, keeping spreadsheets and providing file control.
- Assist in the ongoing review of data control procedures to improve overall data quality.
- Knowledge of OPSEU Pension Plan text provisions and pension administration to process case transactions and understand pension data relationships.
- PPAC/CEBS enrolment is an asset.
- Analytical/problem solving skills to identify and resolve membership data problems.
- Mathematical skills and attention to detail to perform data correction.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and/or Excel), and business software applications. SQL an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information in a concise manner to employers, clients and OPTrust staff.
- Organizational skills to handle a large of volume of work and prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Ability to assess and prioritize work assignment to meet compliance requirements.
- Interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation to deal with clients, employers and OPTrust staff with sensitivity and tact.
If you possess a positive attitude towards work and relationships with colleagues to support team goals, organization values in cooperation and mutual respect, this opportunity is for you.
Please submit your application by January 16, 2020 via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.