OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust Select, a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members and retirees.
Data Support Specialist
The Data Support Specialist is a key role tasked with efficient operations of the data pipelines supporting the various investment, risk and performance groups across OPTrust. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate ability in both technology and domain knowledge of investment banking. The role will be responsible for the operational control activities associated with OPTrust’s investment data warehouse and the data pipelines which support Investment teams’ decision-making and reporting. This includes monitoring and maintaining the automated processes that: pull data from external and internal sources, integrate this data into internal systems, and generate reports and dashboards for business users. This position will also participate in the implementation activities for new analytics pipelines and tools.
- Monitor and troubleshoot processes that ensure the receipt, accuracy and completeness of the daily data flows to and from the investment data warehouse.
- Identify and implement solutions to complex data integration issues with external and internal trading, performance and risk systems using SQL Server, SSIS and Python.
- Support the development of processes that load new data sources into OPTrust’s Investment Data Warehouse and the pipelines that deliver this information to investment teams using SQL Server, SSIS and Python.
- Support the onboarding of new investment and reporting technologies at OPTrust by setting requirements and integrating them to OPTrust’s data ecosystem.
- Work with investment, risk and performance teams to validate data to ensure integrity and resolve any discrepancies.
- Respond to business users’ queries for data and build/run regular reports using Operational System or Power BI & SQL Server.
- Collaborate with investment, risk and performance teams to build information and analytics dashboards using Excel, Power BI, SQL Server and SSIS.
- Interact with relevant internal or external stakeholders to facilitate resolution of data quality and process issues.
- Execute and validate performance & risk calculations and troubleshoot any issues encountered in the process.
- Implement changes to the data warehouse and pipelines as directed.
- Write and maintain documentation relating to investment data processes.
- Engage in special projects and other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in a Computers related disciple or a Finance discipline with demonstrated ability in data management and scripting/coding.
- Minimum of 2- 3 years of relevant work experience in the pension, financial, or investment industry using tools such as Power BI, SQL Server, SSIS and Python.
- Experience in a data governance/management role in a financial institution is strongly preferred.
- Domain knowledge in finance, investment banking or supporting a trading desk.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data systems operations (SQL is an asset), scripting and products designed to analyze and resolve complex data problems.
- Experience using Microsoft business intelligence tools is a big plus.
- Sound understanding of relational database concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Please submit your application via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.