OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan (including OPTrust Select), a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members. OPTrust was established to give plan members and the Government of Ontario an equal voice in the administration of the Plan and the investment of its assets through joint trusteeship. OPTrust is governed by a 10-member Board of Trustees, five of whom are appointed by OPSEU and five by the Government of Ontario.
Data Support Specialist
Enterprise Data Group
Posting Date: October 14, 2020
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational control activities associated with the maintenance of OPTrust’s data repositories. This includes monitoring and maintaining: data inputs from external and internal sources, data exports to external and internal systems, generating reports to monitor the accuracy and completeness of the data and distributing daily reports. This position will also participate in the implementation activities for new analytical applications and tools related to data governance and administration.
- Ensure the receipt, accuracy and completeness of the daily data flows to and from the data repositories.
- Identify and implement solutions to complex data integrity issues with suppliers of the data.
- Monitor the data loading process to the data repositories from various internal and external sources.
- Review performance data to ensure integrity and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assign security identifiers to new investment securities to ensure data mapping accuracy.
- Analyze performance report outputs for accuracy.
- Run market values and cash flow reports from the system and investigate discrepancies where necessary.
- Interact with relevant internal or external stakeholders to facilitate issue resolution.
- Execute and validate performance calculations and troubleshoot any issues encountered in the process.
- Process manual changes and change requests to system data as directed.
- Update/maintain procedures and related documentation.
- Assist other staff in the implementation and testing of new systems as well as upgrades and changes to applications related to Investment Performance process.
- Engage in special projects and other related duties as required.
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2- 3 years of relevant work experience in the pension, financial, or investment industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data systems operations, spreadsheet applications, and products designed to analyze and resolve complex data problems.
- Sound understanding of relational database concepts.
- Experience with SQL server or Oracle-based databases; FTP and scripting languages (MS Windows batch commands) is an asset.
- Programming experience is preferred (Python, C#, PL/SQL, Visual Basic etc.).
- Understanding of an industry ETL tool (ex. SSIS).
- Will be expected to be On Call for nightly batch runs and if necessary handle any issues in that arise to ensure we meet our obligations to internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Please submit your application file, including a CV and cover letter, by October 28, 2020, via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.