OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Enterprise Data Specialist
Enterprise Data Group
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the daily data operations and automating new developments of new and existing data systems and processes. The Enterprise Data Specialist manages, maintains and troubleshoots the automated and scheduled processes that produce high quality investment data for our Investment Risk and Internal Trading teams. The incumbent is expected to have a good understanding of databases, coding and the investment systems they support.
- Ensures daily data processes operate smoothly. This includes scheduled data loads, data transformation and data delivery processes.
- Troubleshoot errors in processes. Larger issues are escalated with a thorough diagnosis.
- Maintain communication with stakeholders, keeping them informed of data issues and time to resolve them.
- Assists in building and maintaining systems and processes that improve investment data quality and availability to the organization.
- Maintains the organizations data dictionary. Keeps definitions, ownership, lineage and validation rules of data are catalogued and up to date with relevant stakeholders.
- Develops specifications and scripts that load data into Investment Data systems and perform data validation as defined in the data dictionary.
- Participates in the system design and implementation of data models to solve problems
- Documents all operational processes with good code documentation practices, process flowcharts and technical word documents.
- Writes scripts (SSIS/Python preferred) that automate process of retrieving, transforming and delivering information to internal clients.
- Participates in the creation of datamarts, APIs and dashboards for internal clients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a quantitative, engineering or computer science field.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in Financial Services, Risk or Investment Operations. Direct experience in a function supporting Risk operations is preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial markets including trading of derivatives and corporate actions.
- Ability to work with one or more of: SSIS, Informatica, Python, Matlab, R, SQL is essential.
- Experience with statistical analysis and data transformations in these languages is strongly preferred.
- Experience with MSCI Risk Manager, Bloomberg, Eagle PACE, Power BI, and other BI and reporting tools is a strong plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Sound judgment and discretion for dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
Please submit your application by February 24, 2020 via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.