OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Manager, Member Experience & Operational Excellence
As a key member of the Member Experience management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team which provides highly personalized services to members and pensioners of the OPSEU Pension Plan throughout the entire membership lifecycle.
- Leading and supporting pension operations with a business process modernization and operational excellence mindset
- Using appropriate operational excellence tools & methodologies
- Providing leadership and innovation in a number of specialized business areas.
- Post-secondary education, in addition to 5+ years business experience in client service excellence, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience in supervising the work of others, with a commitment to people development
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, coaching, motivating staff and managing performance
- Experience overseeing day-to-day operations, redirecting staff resources, managing work-inventory and business relationships
- Strong service orientation in addition to exceptional interpersonal skills, tact and good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and manage the details
- Strategic mindset, with experience leading change and implementing new business initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment, consistently meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with exposure to process excellence methodologies, process improvement and business re-engineering; practical knowledge of Value Stream Mapping, Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies is preferred
- Exposure to business intelligence or data mining
- Exposure to pensions and employee benefits with industry specific training like CEBS or PPAC also an asset.
Please submit your application via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.