OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan (including OPTrust Select), a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members. OPTrust was established to give plan members and the Government of Ontario an equal voice in the administration of the Plan and the investment of its assets through joint trusteeship. OPTrust is governed by a 10-member Board of Trustees, five of whom are appointed by OPSEU and five by the Government of Ontario.
Manager, Performance Measurement
This position is responsible for leading and overseeing the daily, monthly and quarterly operations for investment portfolio and benchmark performance measurement, as well as other investment-related reporting and for the provision of ad-hoc analysis for the users of performance and investment information. In addition, the successful candidate will recommend and implement process improvements and system enhancements to improve the accuracy and efficiency of operational processes and quality of reporting.
- Co-lead and oversee (with the performance measurement team) the operational daily, monthly, and quarterly production of performance and other investment information.
- Develop and foster a strong process and production environment to ensure that there is a focus on meeting specified timelines and where possible to plan to avoid potential production delays.
- Oversee the calculation, verification and reporting of performance and investment information
- Plan, develop, implement, and maintain the data architecture necessary to allow accurate, efficient, and flexible reporting.
- Develop and foster a continuous improvement environment to ensure that there is a focus on proposing and implementing value added process improvements.
- Where possible, change processes that contribute to improvements in the accuracy, efficiency, and timing of the reporting process.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business needs of the CIO, each Investment Division Business unit, and other users of the group’s information in order to ensure that investment information reporting needs are satisfied.
- Develop a Performance Production Schedule that summarizes key process timelines and output; regularly monitor and report on results.
- Participate in the recruiting process including the development of job specifications as required.
- University graduate with degree in a field such as mathematics, finance, computers, statistics, or commerce, or other quantitative discipline.
- Completion of CFA or CIPM.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing and or participating at a senior level in a performance measurement team in a financial institution.
- Experience in supervising staff including recruiting, coaching, staff development, performance management, assigning and reviewing work assignments.
- Knowledge of Eagle PACE system and Eagle Investment Systems PACE certification would be an asset.
- Strong understanding of performance measurement calculations and performance attribution methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with knowledge in Power BI.
- Ability to guide staff through sophisticated Excel or other technical calculations.
- Experience with identifying and implementing continued process improvements.
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.