OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Portfolio Manager, Multi-Strategy Investments
Capital Markets Group
In this role, the Portfolio Manager, Multi-Strategy Investments will work in a dynamic environment amongst a small group of highly skilled professionals making investment decisions, executing investments and daily monitoring and managing investments.
- Manage global portfolios of derivative and cash securities across equity, foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities within a risk allocation framework
- Execute trades in derivative and cash products
- Develop and implement tools and processes to support pricing, trading and risk management functions
- Research, develop and implement investment strategies to capture alternative risk premia
- Actively participate in collaborative decision making processes in the Capital Markets Group and at the total fund level regarding portfolio construction and risk management from a top-down and bottom-up perspective
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to aid in our investment process
- Work in close coordination with risk, finance, legal, middle office, compliance and other groups across the total fund
- Support and contribute to total fund projects and initiatives
- Proactively identify operational risks or control deficiencies in the business
- Mentor junior staff on the team
- A postgraduate degree in business, finance, engineering, physics, mathematics, or computing
- A CFA designation is an asset
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant portfolio management and derivative trading experience across multiple asset classes
- Broad knowledge of derivatives and financial products, from a trading, pricing and risk management perspective
- Good appreciation of alternative risk premium strategy styles, design, testing and implementation
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure while maintaining quality of work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate complex issues and build key working relationships
- Strong programming abilities including Python, SQL, Matlab / R
- A high attention to detail and process orientation
Please submit your application by February 24, 2020 via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.