OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust Select, a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members and retirees.
Relationship Advisor, Sustainable Investing and Innovation
Contract: 12-14 months
Posting Date: July 28th, 2020
OPTrust’s Sustainable Investing and Innovation team (SII) was established as a new group within OPTrust’s Investment Division in late 2019 with a two-fold mandate. The first is to continually improve the integration of responsible investing principles across the Investment Division. This includes ESG integration in our investment decisions and active ownership activities and building OPTrust’s leadership in climate change. The second is establishing a new investment strategy to put capital to work in innovative areas that support OPTrust’s long-term sustainability, starting with opportunities stemming from climate change.
Working under the leadership of the Managing Director, SII, the Relationship Advisor will support all aspects of the SII program.
The successful candidate will perform diverse functions to support the advancement of SII’s priorities across OPTrust and beyond, and to ensure the ongoing strengthening of the team’s culture. This includes: liaising with internal stakeholders, service providers and business partners to assist the implementation of OPTrust’s SII Strategy; leading the coordination of key projects and team activities, and undertaking research or other project support where required. This role is well-suited for a highly organized individual who enjoys working with others to advance several projects concurrently.
- Contribute to overall SII objectives
- Serve as the central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, service providers and other inquiries, including:
- Managing deal flow pipelines and ensuring timely follow-up
- Managing relationships, invoicing and ensuring alignment with procurement policy
- Lead the team’s budget planning and monitoring
- Coordinate the production of materials and prepare minutes for internal committee and team meetings
- Conduct ad-hoc research and special projects as requested
- Provide human resources support, including coordinating the SII recruitment process and onboarding of new team members
- Assist with proxy voting process as requested
- Manage the calendar for the SII team and for the managing director
- Perform other administrative duties as required
- Detail-oriented, with experience supporting teams and balancing multiple tasks and priorities
- Effective listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and deliver high-quality, professional work products
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision, as well as a team player
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Curiosity about or knowledge of key responsible investing themes, including corporate governance, social, and environmental issues, and climate change is an asset
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working directly with investment professionals, preferably with exposure to knowledge management processes
- A university education related to business, finance, or other relevant disciplines with knowledge of the investment or pension industry is preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Please submit your application file, including a CV and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for the role, by August 11 2020, via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.