OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust Select, a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members and retirees.
Senior Accountant, Middle Office
Posting Date: July 29, 2020
The Senior Accountant, Middle Office is responsible for working closely with the Capital Markets Group to develop and implement detailed operational procedures as part of the team that manages and oversees the implementation of the external middle office service provider. This role requires industry-related investment product knowledge and hands-on experience with middle and back office operations.
Prepares and reviews internal and external reports for the middle and back office:
- Review transaction processing dashboards, service level agreement and assists business partners in resolving processing issues.
- Review trade, position and cash reconciliations.
- Review resizing instructions of swap/repurchase agreements.
- Review daily margin and collateral transactions in accordance with provisions of instrument documentation.
- Ensure appropriate pricing for certain derivatives, research and validate that the respective models have been applied consistently.
- Lead project initiatives as required and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Partnership model: act as a liaison and provide guidance as required to resolve inter-departmental issues, achieve group objectives and ensure that business requirements are clearly understood.
- Assist with audit queries from the Investment Finance and Corporate Finance groups.
- Ensure deadlines are met through effective planning and scheduling.
- Assist with break resolution for the Capital Markets Group’s transactions.
- Investigate and follow up on any discrepancies, unusual results or missing information with internal and external contacts.
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external contacts to ensure transaction processing matters can be addressed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Identify and evaluate alternatives, recommending appropriate actions to management and successfully executing proposed actions.
- Prepare monthly management information and other analysis to ensure all reporting meets the required standards and provided within a timely manner.
- Provide advanced analysis of business user requirements for the various systems pertaining to capital market investments.
- Review middle office procedures and recommend solutions to improve efficiencies.
- Support the overall finance governance model, ensuring accuracy in the trade and reconciliation processes.
- Ensure adherence to internal and external audit standards.
- Bachelor’s degree from a university and completion of post-graduate financial designation such as CPA, CFA, CAIA or MBA.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant middle and back office experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with public markets middle and back office operations.
- Record of compliance with policies and guidelines and an ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise internally and externally with different levels of staff.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
Please submit your application file, including a CV and cover letter, by August 13, 2020, via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.