OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Senior Pension Specialists
This role is responsible for overseeing work processes, training programs and inventory management for the Member Experience department. The incumbent will be organizing and translating raw data into actionable insight, data workflow and the work-inventory management for the department to maintain service levels, productivity and standards. This role also develops and oversees the execution of training programs, detects, recommends and implements solutions to complex data integrity and pension administration issues with employers, internal business support partners and developers.
- Establishes, and co-ordinates internal work processes, procedures and controls related to the cycle of data interfaces and reconciliation, benefits statements and various standard reporting requirements
- Prepares and delivers statistical reports and presentations on results/findings/ recommendations related to business process reviews, and ongoing data management functions, identifying and documenting trends and problems with data;
- Responsible to ensure service transactions are managed appropriately, in compliance, service requirements are met, and all supporting documentation is maintained
- Provides technical information / guidance on matters such as pension legislation, reciprocal transfer agreements, and plan documentation as well as required administrative procedures
- Relationship manager for members, employers, and internal business to support and resolve escalated technical and procedural issues;
- Creates communication materials for various audiences such as members, union groups, employers, prospective employers and internal staff for pension administration processes, and for pension plan education sessions;
- Designs and develops training programs, training materials and conducts required training
- Recommends and implements solutions for complex data integrity and pension administration problems and issues that arise;
- Delivers pension information sessions to members and employers; some travel is required.
- Knowledge of pension plan administration and of related legislation/Plan provisions including the OPSEU Pension Plan text, the Pension Benefits Act, the Family Law Act and federal statutes such as CPP, ESA and the Income Tax Act
- Strong knowledge of SQL, database systems operations
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, MS Power BI, and Power Point
- Strong statistical/mathematical aptitude
- Proficient in research, analytical and reporting abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter with solid project leadership skills
- High degree of accountability and personal leadership
- Strong decision-making skills are required with sound judgement, prudence and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong client service orientation to deal effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders with sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, complex and changing work environment, while managing multiple and shifting priorities
- Passion for data analysis and problem solving to support data-driven decision making
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma
- Completion or progression toward professional designations such as CEBS or PPAC1 and 2 would be required
- 8 – 10 years progressive work experience in a leadership capacity is preferred
Please submit your application by January 16, 2020 via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at email@example.com. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.