OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
Senior Project Leader
Project Management Office
The successful candidate is a seasoned project management professional with critical thinking skills which lead to successful project delivery of both large scope multidivisional projects, and small divisional projects. This includes the ability to resolve issues as they arise, create, and monitor communications for projects. The position also requires building, maintaining, and enhancing excellent relations with all Business Partners.
- Advise and motivate interdivisional and multilevel project team members to achieve project objectives
- Accountable for project delivery through the effective management of the projects’ scope, budget and timelines by following prescribed governance processes
- Develop detailed project plans, including but not limited to project integration plans, test plans, communication plans, risk plans, training plans and promotion plans
- Provide business and technical expertise in all aspects of project management methodologies which are aligned with PMI principles
- Accountable for Business Partner Relationships across the organization on behalf of Program Delivery and Business Support
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to stakeholders
- Balance competing constraints such as; scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources and risk
- Provide support in the corporate Annual Planning and Budget process for identifying Business Development Initiatives and the Ongoing Process throughout the year
- Participate in the continuous refreshing of the OPTrust Project Management Methodology, as required and communicate changes to project leaders, project managers, or others who lead projects at OPTrust
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in business or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of recent hands-on experience in leading large scope multidivisional projects.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to manage, influence and motivate teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Expert knowledge on Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Experience in pension plan administration, finance or investment areas is a strong asset.
- Strong time management, prioritization, organization skills, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with change management is an asset.
- Detailed oriented.
Please submit your application by February 28, 2020 via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.