OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust Select, a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members and retirees.
Senior Technology Specialist
Posting Date June 19th, 2020
The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter who is passionate about technology. The role provides innovative solutions expertise, performs applications and systems development and testing. This position is accountable for leading development of internal applications, systems integrations, as well as design, support, integration, maintenance, and enhancement of these systems.
- Design technical solutions, coordinate and implement new development, provide technical application/system support and services to OPTrust staff in their use of applications and systems
- Design innovative solutions, enhance efficiency of the existing processes, automate current and develop new backend procedures
- Contribute to the successful implementation of architectures, frameworks and IT standards
- Lead development and provide support to Technology Specialists in programming of applications and technical solutions
- Contribute to designing technology roadmaps
- Provide senior leadership in the analysis and translation of business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- Provide project leadership in the development of scripts using automated tools
- Provide oversight and direct support of systems used by business partners as well as and downstream or upstream integrations
- Design new and maintain existing technical procedures such as installations, configuration, and customization.
- Work closely with other IT teams to support the successful implementation of global IT strategies.
- Conduct technical analysis by:
- Providing leadership in assessing, researching and analyzing business needs to explore solutions for the business needs
- Analyzing, recommending and overseeing the best system solution to meet the needs of the business
- Providing leadership in translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Participating in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications and prototype demonstrations
- Developing and constantly maintaining systems documentation, infrastructure diagrams, for existing and new OPTrust applications/systems and keeping them current with changes
- Designing and contributing to developing and monitoring the testing of programs and systems conducting change control and quality assurance;
- Reviewing and identifying weaknesses in current systems and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Provide leadership in the release of infrastructure, applications and/or reports to support business processes.
- Participate in the process of consulting users to understand and translate business procedures and requirements into technical specifications
- Design, develop, systems test and implement infrastructure, applications and/or reports, as required, to meet user requirements
- Assist in ensuring that the OPTrust IT development/software/hardware life cycles are adhered to
- Assist in ensuring that the all IT technical related standards are adhered to;
- Develop documentation and guidelines as required for the use of OPTrust IT teams.
- Performs other related duties, such as:
- Providing IT guidance and co-ordination related to infrastructure/applications to other OPTrust IT staff; maintaining current knowledge of computer and network hardware and software
- Maintaining knowledge of industry standards and new technology practices;
- Serving as backup role for other Technology Specialist and Senior Technology Specialist, if required
- Assisting other IT team members and providing expertise, as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years’ work experience in a related field
- Very strong understanding and applied experience in Microsoft technologies including Azure, SQL Server, Power Platform, Active Directory and SharePoint Online.
- Experience administering, supporting, upgrading, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server.
- Expert level scripting and programming background including PowerShell, SSIS, C#, and other .NET technologies
- Demonstrated experience in SQL relational databases and T-SQL scripting
- Expert level knowledge in areas of data, security, infrastructure, and application architecture
- ITIL certification preferred
- Sound object / relational mapping experience and ETL principles/knowledge
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skill
- Ability to manage with an eye to proactively plan and avoid bottlenecks, single points of failure and capacity issues.
Please submit your application file, including a CV and cover letter, by July 3rd, 2020, via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.