OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $22 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan and OPTrust Select, a defined benefit plan with over 96,000 members and retirees.
Posting Date: July 29, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury and Cash Operations, the Treasury Analyst will be part of the Investment Finance Team. The Treasury Analyst will provide senior level analytical and research skills to OPTrust, through the development and execution of effective cash management and treasury responsibilities. This position will utilize financial and treasury skills and knowledge applying judgment to deal with complex issues. The Treasury Analyst will prepare cash and liquidity forecasts and produce reporting and analysis for various stakeholders to support cash flow and liquidity planning.
Responsible for liquidity and cash management activities to support treasury operations by:
- Developing reconciliations and reporting to confirm the completeness and accuracy of cash and liquidity transactions and follow up with banks and custodian to resolve any discrepancies and issues.
- Developing and maintaining cash flow and liquidity forecasting for all corporate, pension and investment related activities ensuring that adequate liquidity is maintained to meet operational requirements.
- Preparing forecasts for various time horizons and business segments to meet the needs of key stakeholders for liquidity planning.
- Conducting quantitative analysis with inputs from various internal and external sources to support both short-term and long-term cash flow and liquidity forecasts.
- Developing and maintaining reporting and analysis related to cash and liquidity management, including actual vs forecast reconciliation and variance analysis, metrics, KPI, compliance reporting and the monitoring and assessment of treasury and cash management performance for manager.
- Utilizing data visualization tools to develop new reports as well as enhancing existing reporting
- Maintaining oversight of banking and related treasury applications/system by coordinating various phases of systems implementations (new, enhancements or upgrades, etc.) and ensuring appropriate systems integration between OPTrust’s internal systems and the treasury system.
- Providing assistance with ad-hoc analyses and projects as assigned.
A university education with a specialization in finance, business or related areas is required with:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in treasury and cash management functions including:
- cash flow and liquidity forecasting, and modelling gained either through actual experience or as part of a recognized program of studies (MBA, CFA, CPA or similar)
- implementing effective treasury and cash management processes
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills to ensure accuracy of reporting and cash transaction processing and to identify information anomalies and identify their causes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide information and resolve problems with external contacts as well as communicate effectively with team members and other OPTrust staff.
Please submit your application file, including a CV and cover letter, by August 13, 2020, via LinkedIn. If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.