OPTrust Career Opportunities
Paying pensions today, preserving pensions for tomorrow.
With net assets of almost $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada's largest pension funds and administers the OPSEU Pension Plan, a defined benefit plan with almost 95,000 members and retirees.
The Workday Administrator, reporting to the Director, People, will partner closely with employees across the organization to assist with day-to-day configuration and support of Workday. The Workday Administrator will drive the entire cycle of Workday related needs, including design, configuration, testing, security and reporting.
- Act as the HRMS partner supporting HCM areas in Workday, including Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, Performance Management, Core Compensation, Advanced Compensation and Payroll
- Design and maintain Workday system configuration to align with current and future business processes and update/create new configurations as the business evolves
- Work with subject matter experts to understand requirements and business processes and configure, test and validate them in Workday. Includes ensuring correct security assignment
- Maintain master data values in Workday (i.e. Job Profile, Job Family, Job Group, Roles, Custom Organization Types, Positions, Locations)
- Design and configure system reports and dashboards in Workday by collaborating with the senior leaders and people managers to understand reporting needs
- Manage and monitor the Workday inbox for any employee related inquiries and action, as needed. This also includes addressing any functionality and configuration requests and troubleshooting any inquiries and escalating to Workday customer support, as required
- Design and evaluate future state enhancements to business processes, configuration and/or reports within the HRMS. This includes managing the overall end-to-end flow of HR data across multiple systems and functions
- Collaborate with the Communications team to align employee communications in the HRMS
- Maintain user guides for Workday to ensure that documentation is up-to-date and that process steps are relevant for employees
- Support the People Team in key HR operational duties
- 2+ years systems experience working with Workday, or related HRMS
- Workday certification and/or training
- Technical experience in HRMS products, business process configuration, security administration and integrations
- 3-5 years HR functional experience preferred
- Post-secondary degree
- Over-arching understanding of HR operations and experience in employee data management
- Experience working with project and technology teams to deliver solutions for the business that meet their needs
- Strong verbal and written communication to interact with the People Team, IT and the business
- Demonstrated commitment to protect confidential data
- Analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
- Open-minded and a proactive way of working
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, often in ambiguous problems using data, and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Please submit your application by February 24, 2020 via LinkedIn If you are unable to apply via LinkedIn, you may submit your application by emailing the People department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly ask that you apply using only one of these methods.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.