Pension Divestment Transfer Agreement SignedPosted: November 4, 2015
OPTrust, HOOPP, OMERS and the OPB plan have entered into a new transfer agreement that gives eligible retired and inactive members a one-time opportunity to merge their pension benefits in the successor employer’s pension plan. If you were part of a divestment transaction and have a deferred pension or pension in pay with OPTrust, the OMERS plan, the HOOPP plan, or the OPB plan this may affect you.
- Divestment Transfer Agreement between OPTrust, OMERS, HOOPP and OPB for Retired and Inactive Members
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Link to OMERS Divestment Transfers web page
- Link to HOOPP Divestment Transfers web page
Sample documents and key plan features:
- Eligible retired and inactive members who retired or terminated on or after May 18, 2010 will be given the option to merge their pensions.
- OMERS, OPTrust, HOOPP and OPB will send information, including a transfer-options application form, to their eligible retired or inactive members. Members who request their transfer options will receive additional information and an election form.