With net assets of over $20 billion, OPTrust invests and manages one of Canada’s largest pension funds. OPTrust is a global investor with a team of experienced investment professionals located in Toronto, London and Sydney.
OPTrust’s investment mandate focuses on achieving the organization’s mission to pay pensions today and preserve pensions for tomorrow. We are a pension management organization. Our members depend on us to provide secure, predictable income in retirement. As such, how we think about investing and how we manage our plan needs to fully align with our members’ interests.
In 2017, we internalized a significant portion of our public markets assets and activities as part of our overall member-driven investing strategy.
In 2017, OPTrust’s achieved a 9.5% net investment return and the Plan remained its fully funded status.
- More information on OPTrust's investment beliefs.
- More information on OPTrust’s strategy and results is available in our 2017 Funded Status Report.
- More information about OPTrust’s responsible investing program and approach can be found in our 2016 Responsible Investing Report .
- More information on OPTrust's investment policies is also available in our Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures.
- OPTrust Trade Matching Statement