Pension Divestment Transfer Agreement Signed
OPTrust has signed the Pension Divestment Transfer Agreement that provides eligible members the option to transfer their OPTrust pension benefits to their current pension plan.Updated: July 31, 2014
OPTrust, HOOPP, OMERS and OPB have signed the transfer agreement that gives eligible divested members a one-time opportunity to transfer the value of their pension benefits from their former plan to their current pension plan. If you were part of a divestment transaction, have pension service in OPTrust and are currently a member of one of the other participating plans, this may affect you.
- The transfer agreement
- Sample Pension Transfer Options letter
- OPSEU Pension Plan Key Plan Features comparison
- Mid June: advance notices are mailed to eligible members – a personalized letter that tells you if you may be eligible to transfer your pension benefit from OPTrust to your new plan.
- August - October: personalized detailed information packages are mailed.
- Ongoing : Frequently Asked Questions on public website, updated as new questions arise.