OPTrust’s Retirement Package
The documents we need from you
Whether you’ve decided to retire this year or are still thinking about it, gather your pension documents now. Keep them handy until you have a retirement date in mind and then send them to us. What we need from you:
Note: In February 2014, the Government of Ontario announced proposed changes to post-retirement insured benefits for members who start to receive their OPTrust pension after January 1, 2017. Find out more.
- copy of your marriage certificate or 3 proofs of common-law relationship
- copy of your spouse’s Social Insurance Number (SIN) card
- copy of your spouse’s proof of birth
How to send documents
Four secure ways to send documents:
- through your secure Online Services account
- through Contact Us on the website
- by fax (416) 681-6175
- by mail
Protect your privacy and send electronic documents securely through our secure Online Services site or Contact Us only. At this time, our secure email tools can only accept one attachment per message, up to 5MB. If you have multiple documents, please send a separate message with each attachment.
Here are videos to walk you through completing these forms.